Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Tidbit of Wisdom from Warrior

... or at least, I think it is.  I think this way when I'm feeling philosophical, and this time, I actually wrote it down before I forgot!  I don't know if it's wise or foolish on any terms, but it was God-inspired, so my vote's on the former.

It's one thing to say something and believe it, but it's a whole other thing to say something, believe it, and act on it or do it or show it.  I believe that no mortal man (or woman) could do that on his/her own.  We don't have the strength required to do so.  We need a little help (or a lot of help) from someone who has already walked the path placed before us and has walked it perfectly, without stumbling, or tripping, or falling, or turning back.  The walk isn't always the hardest part.  We've been taught how to walk and we can always learn more.  The hardest part is the following.  We want to walk our own way, but we've been promised that it leads to our destruction.  So now we choose.  We've said the words.  We've believed the Truth.  Now we have to live it out loud so everyone else can see and trust in the Light to hold us steady and high.  Are you in?

As you can see, my thoughts are rather scattered and all over the place.  I started thinking this after reading Galatians 1:10 (Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ.) for the hundredth time.  Like I said, it's one thing to say it, and another thing to live it.

How are you living today?

<3 Warrior

No comments:

Post a Comment