Thursday, April 21, 2011

Message from a friend

I received this text message from a friend of mine a couple months ago and I locked it so my phone wouldn't delete it.  Since then, it has brought me hope and joy every time I read it.  Not just because of the message, but because of the faith of the one who sent it to me.  I hope you feel the hope and joy that I feel when I read it, because it comes from Christ and it's for everyone who accepts it.

"I'm shaking again, except this time it's good... [Warrior], God loves you.  He loves me too... He cares about us.  He helps us.  And I want everyone to know that.  I want everyone to love Him like He loves us."

Tonight at the Maundy Thursday service, I realized that Christ's sacrifice wasn't just for me or for the people at my church taking communion alongside me.  It was for everyone.  I mean, I already knew that He had died for the sins of the world, but it really hit home as I watched the people at my table turn to each other and say "This is His body/blood, given for you."  He gave Himself for ALL of us.  Every single person with breath and life.  All people of every color, shape, and size.  One man died for the lives of all people.  For all have fallen short of the glory of God... but He offers us eternal life with Him with no pain, suffering, or worries.  All we have to do is accept it.  It's an offer open to everyone.

Are you going to accept it?

<3 Warrior

No comments:

Post a Comment