Sunday, May 15, 2011

10 (or so) Things I Learned from Once Upon a Mattress

Once Upon a Mattress was the production that I was a part of this past weekend.  I've already told you about what I learned coming into the production, but here's whant I got out of it:

  1. Don't make assumptions about people until you really, truly get to know them.
  2. Forget diamonds, hairspray is a girl's best friend.
  3. Apparently I'm funny (hooda thunk...?) and have a very expressive face.
  4. I am SO SO SO SO SO blessed to have the family members God gave me and to have a close and loving relationship with each of them.
  5. When you are reading a Bible backstage, people pour out their hearts to you.
  6. I shouldn't lock my knees when I'm standing onstage (double knee braces, anybody?)
  7. Don't let someone put on your makeup after she's used the same brush on 20 other girls and it's been on the floor.  Generally leads to three days of bloodshot eyes.
  8. I can take any conversation and add lines from the musical into it.
  9. A couple of things are inevitable at the final show:  everyone doing their best, everything ten times funnier, at least one mistake, a big crowd, and LOTS OF CRYING.
  10. Not all of the "bad" people have "good" lives.  (see number 5)
  11. GOD IS SO AMAZING AND LOVING AND AWESOME AND LOVING AND... AWESOME!!
<3 Warrior

No comments:

Post a Comment