Thursday, May 19, 2011

Words from Sherry

My friend Sherry wears a really pretty necklace all the time that has a key and a ring on it.  The other day, I asked what it was for and what it meant and she (in a typical Sherry way) wrote me a note about it.  She explained where she got the key and ring and what they were for, and here's what she said next (and I really really really like it): 

... it reminds me that my heart, my body, my soul, my mind, and my words all belong to God.  It's a reminder that everything here on Earth is temporary, including my body and my future husband.  The love that I share with my husband needs to be an example of God's love for me, but it can't overshadow my relationship with God.  Most importantly, though, is it reminds me that anyone who wants me needs to go through God to get the key to my heart.  I can't give an earthly being something that I don't own, and as I said earlier, my heart belongs to God.

Sherry tends to say really smart and deep stuff when it comes to her heart.  She wrote a post a ways back about what she wants in a boyfriend, and it's a great example of what every Christian girl should want in a boyfriend/husband.  Figuring out what you want and what God wants for you in your future husband is a really good idea.  I've done it, and it really helps me keep my eyes on God's will for my life when I see a cute guy and want him to notice me.  I know that God is going to wait until I have fully matured and my future husband has fully matured before He puts us together (I hope).  (:  I pray that God is shaping me into the Christ-following and loving wife He wants me to be and that He is molding my husband into the same.

<3 Warrior

1 comment:

  1. hey! i really like this one. like, a lot. and it kind of relates to the 2 text posts for you on my blog. please read them. anyway, i like this a lot because it reminds me of where my heart should be. any verses you can think of that relate? i love you!!

    ReplyDelete