Friday, November 26, 2010

Sherry Keeps Making Me Cry (In The Good Kind of Way)

My friend Sherry who I asked you guys to pray for in my last post has picked up on her blogging and in her past couple posts, she's mentioned me.  Every time she does, it makes me cry.  In a good way.  You see, I always fret over whether I'm making a difference in peoples' lives or if they can see God in me.  I worry about it all the time, and every single time I pray I ask God to show Himself through me to others and to help me focus on Him and make every breath, move, and even mistake I make to glorify Him.  I never know if I actually am, but it brings joy to my heart when people tell me they see God in me.

Like this:

I met Jess at a band lock-in at AmFamFit. I was in the middle of some guy drama, and I needed some serious Christian heart-to-heart. Jess, Cathy, Drum Major Sarah, and I all sat in our little circle by the pool. By the way, the pool was the ONLY place in the whole gym that wasn't FREEZING! We all shared favorite bible verses and talked about what I could do about my situation. By the end of our conversation, I had made two new friends and reinforced one old friendship. Jessica and I went on to become bestest friends, and we still are today. Jessica is one of those girls who just GLOW with beauty. When you first see her, you are struck by her natural beauty. She wears no makeup, doesn't dress too fancy or wear all designer clothes, and she doesn't straighten/curl her hair. But she is beautiful in every way. Once you get to know her, her beauty and appeal is magnified by her magnetic and contagious personlity. She is one of the nicest people I know, and everything she says and does is to glorify God. She has helped me become a more confident, Godly teenager, and she has shown me what it's like to be independant and without constant male companionship. Jessica inspires me to be the best I can be, and she's always there for me... Always. My Thanksgiving resolution for Jessica? Jessica, I vow to return the favor of always being there. I promise I never let you down when you need a friend. Oh, and I promise next time you tell me someone is bad news, I'll listen. I love you, Jess.

A girl I barely knew signed my yearbook in eighth grade saying, "You love Jesus and it really shows!" or something along those lines and... I don't remember ever saying a word to her about God or Jesus or anything like that.  Huh.

The encouragrams that the youth of my church write for each other at retreats always surprise me.  I get so many people telling me how on fire for God I am, but I always feel that everytime I start feeling on fire for Him, something or someone comes along and pours a bucket of water over my head (noooo, I don't melt) and my fire goes out.

I guess it goes to show that you never know who's watching you and what they see when they do.  Make it your goal to show God through everything you do, and He will make it so.  For His glory.

Love y'all and I hope you had a happy turkey day!

<3 Warrior

P.S.  Sherry also made an amazing post called "What I Want In A Boyfriend" and I love what she said.

2 comments:

  1. so im not the only one who cries good tears from reading her posts! :..)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes my heart smile. It's exactly how I feel about sweet Jessica, and Sherry captured it PERFECTLY! You are a fantastic friend and you are loved!

    ReplyDelete