Monday, November 22, 2010

A Couple of Friends Who Need a LOT of Prayers

So I have a handful of friends who need your prayers.  Desperately.  They're going through tough times, or they've been led astray, or they're in need of prayers, in general.

Sherry
Sherry is one of my bestest friends.  She's one of the strongest Christians I know and she's going through some really tough times.  You see, like all problems that arise as a teenage girl, her problems were started with a boy (that was really stereotypical, but hey, it's generally true).  I first noticed she was interested in him when I sat with her at lunch one day and he was talking about getting stoned and drunk and all this immoral stuff... and she sat there smiling.  I warned her over and over and over again not to get involved with him... but she got stuck in his trap.  Over the past month or so, he has made her cry, be depressed, be happy, cry again, and then be confused.  He has influenced her to not read her Bible or pray or even think about God.  He has tried to force her to touch him in ways a girl should never have to touch a boy.  And now she's realizing that he's baaaad news.  Today, she spent 45 minutes in the shower praying and singing Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone).  And now she's getting over him.  Hallelujah (:  For her point of view on what's going on, check out her blog post on it here.

Maddie
Maddie is another one of my closest friends, like, ever.  She is beautiful, talented, and energetic.  Sounds just like me, no? (:  The thing is, she's been moving in a totally opposite direction as me.  For the past year-ish, she has had a boyfriend and facebook without her parents' permission.  She cusses all the time.  She admitted to me a couple months ago that she is an atheist... and I've been to her church and seen the faith of her parents.  They have no idea who she is anymore.  And I want to tell them.  But I can't.  Maddie is so happy now, and I would never be able to live with myself if I were the one that made her sad.  I don't want to take away her happiness when no one else sees the awfulness of her situation.  The thing is, I went through the same thing she's going through.  I had a facebook and cussed without my parents' knowledge.  And once they found out, I became closer to God and was more on fire for Him.  (Read more about it here.)  I just don't know what to do to help her without her hating me and destroying our friendship.

Kate
So a couple Wednesday nights ago at my church we talked about using friends as a way to keep us accountable for staying on the right track with God.  And getting rid of those that lead us astray.  (Sounds familiar!  It's the same one as last time, though (:)  Kate realized a couple days later that she had to rethink some of her friendships.  Which is really hard.  I would know.  I've had to do the same.  But pray for her while she struggles through this.  Kate is NOT a very emotional person, and I saw first hand what she is like when she is.  And it made me sad.

Michelle
This is a biggieeee.  I don't even know half of what is going on with my Michy.  All I know is that she no longer believes that anyone cares about her and that the only way to get back to the way things used to be would be to kill herself.  A very wise man at my church told me that the best way to help her would be with actions, not words.  But she doesn't go to my school, and I don't know what actions or words would help.  I'm at a loss when it comes to helping her.  And saving her life.

This guy I saw in the hallway
This is what Allie would call "MISSED opportunity, ladies!"  I was walking in the hall towards Trig, which I have to rush to, and in front of me were these three tall black guys who looked like juniors.  They were walking with that "oh I'm so cool" swag and had that whole aura that makes me sick.  The whole "I'm the only thing that matters and I am above everything" aura.  Well, I was walking behind them, not really paying them any attention, when a poor little geeky freshman accidentally ran into one of the boys.  The little boy automatically streaked off, and the guy he had run into got this hugely annoyed look on his face and said "BUH LEEEEEEP" (I censored that by the way).  Immediately, I realized that that guy's whole life was about himself.  And it saddened me.  I almost started crying for him, right there in the hallway.  Legitimately.  As he walked into his classroom, I realized I should have walked up to him, put my hands on his shoulders (If I could even reach them... he was a very tall person) and said "God loves you."  But I didn't.  And now I pray that I see him again sometime or that he will hear it from someone else.  Because he needs to hear it just as much as everyone else does.

Whew.  Lots of prayer requests.  But they're all very near and dear to my heart.  I would appreciate it if you would keep at least one of them and me in your hearts this week and possibly beyond.  I'll keep y'all posted in the comments if there are any improvements or add-ons (:.

<3 Warrior

1 comment:

  1. Hey friend, I'm praying for all of your peeps. I will say that in the case of Michelle you definitely want to use ACTIONS AND WORDS.

    In fact if she is serious you want tell someone (your parents, her parents) immediately. I'm praying for her and everyone on your list....scratch that. Even if she is not serious, you need to tell someone asap. That's just one of those things you don't want to leave to chance.

    Praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete