Thursday, December 2, 2010

Feeling Teeny Tiny

My youth pastor, Jon, said something in his blog the other day that I could totally relate to.  He said:

"...We have the opportunity to take part in what God is doing on earth. Really. God wants us to take part in His purposes here. Does that seem weird to you? The creator of the universe can do anything. He can speak the universe into existence yet He still wants us to be a part of it. That's crazy.

"...You see the cool thing about following God is that even doing little, uneventful, non-famous things can make a huge difference in eternity. Following God is so ridiculously fulfilling that I don't need fame or money. Sometimes wish I had better words to explain it to people. Serving God is fulfilling in a way that can't be described.

"Jesus said that following Him will make our joy complete."  (view the whole thing here)


I love that!  I commented, saying, "I love feeling little! After I watched Indescribable for the second time, I realized that I am a little speck in a huge universe and an even tinier speck on time. I don't know why, but that fills me with such joy! Whenever I think about how tiny I am, I can't help but smile because I know God can do HUGE things through me and that I'm just the right size for myself and for Him."

I LOVE that I'm so tiny compared to God!  It makes me happy knowing that He's in control because there are times when I just have to let go and let Him take over, because I really can't.It also makes me happy that He can and does work through us tiny specks.

Have you ever seen the movie Horton Hears a Who?  Well guess what?  God is Horton.  And we are the specks on the speck of the speck.  And we can save all man (or Who) kind with a little help from our man God (or Horton, in this analogy).  Isn't that TOTALLY WICKED??



Another comment that I love that was made on Jon's post was:

"What is always amazing to me when I think abt my (in)significance in the grand scheme of things is that I'm still unique. I'm a whole lot like millions of other people, but not the same. That's love. How easy it would be for God to start repeating Himself every few hundred thousand people, right? Who would know but Him? Separate them by an ocean and a social caste, and bam! Work's done.

"But He doesn't do that. Never has. Never will. He is willing to take the time to create every. single. person with a unique personality, a special soul, free will. That's love."


This is another one of those times when I want to hug and thank God in person right now.

Because He's awesome.

Like, really.

<3 Warrior

1 comment: