Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Overwhelmed

Okay, so I don't really like putting lyrics into blog posts, because without music, the lyrics are kind of boring.  But I'm going to be boring.  Just read through the lyrics and maybe look up the song on YouTube.

Pay special attention to the chorus.

Overwhelm ~ Starfield

This is an invitation to overwhelm my heart
I'm asking you to meet me
I'm waiting here to start
My soul is like a desert
Thirsty for your rain
So open up the heavens
And fill me up again
I'm ready for my life to be consumed

Father here I am
Overwhelmed, Overwhelmed
Only your love can
Overwhelm, Overwhelm
Let your spirit fall
Overtaking all
Overwhelm, overwhelm, overwhelm, overwhelm me

Desperate for your presence
I long for you alone
So Dwell within me Jesus
This temple is your home
I'm ready for this life to be consumed

Father here I am
Overwhelmed, Overwhelmed
Only your love can
Overwhelm, Overwhelm
Let your spirit fall
Overtaking all
Overwhelm, overwhelm, overwhelm, overwhelm,
Overwhelm, overwhelm, overwhelm, overwhelm me

Father here I am
Overwhelm, Overwhelm
Only your love can
Overwhelm

Father here I am
Overwhelmed, Overwhelmed
Only your love can
Overwhelm, Overwhelm
Let your spirit fall
Overtake it all
Let your spirit fall
Overtake it all
Overwhelm, overwhelm, overwhelm, overwhelm,
Overwhelm, overwhelm, overwhelm, overwhelm me

~~~

Did you notice the line in the chorus that says "Only Your love can overwhelm me"?  Well I was thinking about that while listening to this song the other day while simultaneously working on my 3-foot pile of homework.  I thought, "Good golly goldfish, I'm overwhelmed!" when I saw my homework.  Then I listened to this song and it dawned on me that if I focus solely on glorifying God with my best and give my troubles to Him, He will provide for me.  Then the only thing I need to fear is His power and the only thing that will overwhelm me is His awesome and unfailing love.

When I feel over whelmed, I usually go to Proverbs, which is my go-to guide in the Bible when I'm having problems.  Last year, during a very stressful group project, I found a couple verses that told me to rely on God to provide and everything will turn out all right.  (My group ended up being one of two groups out of 10 to get a B.  All else recieved much lower.)

Proverbs 16:3 ~ Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.
Proverbs 16:9 ~ In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.

Proverbs is SOOO full of wisdom for everyday life.  If you look through my personal Bible, Proverbs is a mass of green and yellow highlighter mixed with splotches of pen and pencil notes (:

It's a great place to go when you're lost or need help.

If you ever feel overwhelmed,
1.  Talk to God about it and let Him take away your stress & pain.
2.  Walk away from whatever's stressing you out for a a while.  Take a walk.  Dance.  Take a nap.  Read.  It helps.
3.  Talk to someone who has gone through your situation before for advice.  If you don't have someone, talk to me.  (:

<3 Warrior

3 comments:

  1. Great song and great post. I'll probably need to re-read this when it's the week before DNow....

    Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually meant to ask you last night about your posting because I hadn't seen one for awhile and I missed it! Love this one... what a great way to be overwhelmed!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speaking of Proverbs, remember Choir Tour. Haha Good times:)
    Love, God's Girl

    ReplyDelete